This forum has a zero tolerance policy towards the posting of player or affiliate complaints. Please use our dedicated Player Complaint or Affiliate complaint if you have a complaint you would like reviewed. Users found posting complaints will have their complaints deleted and potentially their forum account suspended.

Affiliates that wish to link to their site need to ensure that they do not work with any of our Blacklisted Affiliate Programs then request approval by contacting admin.

Spicy Beefburgers Stuffed with Stilton

Short of something tasty for dinner - our very own Dame de Couer provides some inspiration
thePOGG

Spicy Beefburgers Stuffed with Stilton

Postby thePOGG » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:56 pm

Homemade Spicy Beefburgers Stuffed with Stilton (makes 4 - 6 six depending on the size you like)

Ingredients For Burgers

• 500g lean steak mince
  • 4 medium spring onions (white parts finely chopped)
  • 1/2 small red onion (very finely diced)
  • 1 medium red pepper (finely diced into cm squares)
  • 40g chorizo finely diced
  • 100g blue stilton or other hard/semi-hard cheese if preferred
  • 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
  • 1 or 2 red or green chilli peppers finely chopped depending on how spicy you like your food.
  • 2 cloves of garlic crushed
  • 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
  • 1 beaten egg.
  • Handful of basil leaves torn up
  • Black pepper to taste.
  • Your favourite rolls to serve – I like multi seeded brown rolls for flavour.

Ingredients for Toppings

• Grated mature cheddar added to your taste
  • 1 red, 1 green and 1 yellow pepper cut into strips and roasted at 180 degrees C (360 F/ gas mark 4) for around 15 mins - though turn and check frequently adjusting cooking time of necessary.
  • Mixed salad leaves
  • Finely sliced red onion to your taste
  • Nandos spicy sauce mixed with low fat mayonnaise to dress.

Preparation Method (prep time 20mins )

1. Slice the pepper and roast in the oven while you prepare the burger patties – don’t forget to check them from time-to-time!

2. Prepare the spring onions, ½ red onion, chillis and medium pepper then place in a bowl.

3. To this add the finely diced chorizo, crushed garlic cloves, basil, tomato puree, smoked paprika and black pepper – mix thoroughly.

4. Now add the lean steak mince and beaten egg (this will help bind your burgers together). Be prepared to get you hands dirty!!!

5. Mix all of the ingredients together thoroughly with your hands until the resulting mixture takes on a smoother consistency and hangs together quite tightly.

6. Now divide your stilton into 4 or 6 pieces depending on the size you want your burgers.

7. Divide the burger mix into 4 or 6 and make into balls ensuring the meat is compact.

8. Pat the stilton into rounds and insert into the middle of the burger balls then flatten into patties ensuring the cheese is carefully sealed inside.

Cooking Method (cooking time 25-30mins)

1. Heat a good quality non-stick frying pan on the hob over a medium heat and when nice and hot place the burgers in it.

2. The cooking time will vary depending on the size of your burgers so keep an eye!

3. After 7-10 mins the burgers will be ready to turn and the underside should be nicely coloured for flavour.

4. Repeat step three for the other side.

5. For larger burgers you may have to finish in the oven at the same temperature as the peppers for 10-15 mins to ensure they are cooked through.

6. If using cheese as a topping then add to the burgers in the oven for the last three mins of cooking or for smaller burger place under the grill to melt the cheese.

7. Now build your burger using the peppers, the other half of the red onion, salad leaves or anything else you care for.

8. Enjoy!!
Auditing Service

Deposit Guarantee

POGGWebmasters.com

"Those who do not gamble do so betting that terrible things will eventually happen to those who do"
Ian C. Esslemont

"If anyone needs me I'll be in the Angry Dome"
Professor Farnsworth
mister_blackjack

Postby mister_blackjack » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:16 pm

pics or it didn't happen.

Sounds dee-lish
thePOGG

Postby thePOGG » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:04 am

mister_blackjack wrote:pics or it didn't happen.

Sounds dee-lish

Unfortunately I polished those bad boys off before I thought to take a pick - they were fantastic.

I will ensure that we get a pic next time round though!
Auditing Service

Deposit Guarantee

POGGWebmasters.com

"Those who do not gamble do so betting that terrible things will eventually happen to those who do"
Ian C. Esslemont

"If anyone needs me I'll be in the Angry Dome"
Professor Farnsworth

Return to “ThePOGG Recipes”