This forum has a zero tolerance policy towards the posting of player or affiliate complaints. Please use our dedicated Player Complaint or Affiliate complaint if you have a complaint you would like reviewed. Users found posting complaints will have their complaints deleted and potentially their forum account suspended.

Affiliates that wish to link to their site need to ensure that they do not work with any of our Blacklisted Affiliate Programs then request approval by contacting admin.

Murry vs Roanic Wimbledon Final

Discussion of sports betting and Aramon's NFL picks
User avatar
Senior Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Murry vs Roanic Wimbledon Final

Postby mister_blackjack » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:46 pm

At Smarkets Murray is 30/100 odds to win while Roanic is 3/1.

Murray has the edge 6-3 in head to head matchups but when you look at the big picture, Roanic is ranked #6 but is probably deserving of a higher rank as he's playing the best tennis of his career. He's got McEnroe as a coach plus Moya and he just beat Roger Federer who's been 10-0 in Wimbledon semi-finals.

Murray on the other hand seems to have picked up his game to another level and is back with coach Lendl.

The game is probably closer to a coin toss and depends on how you look at it, maybe you could say Murray has a 60% chance to win this finals which if you agree with that, you'd take the 40% on Roanic at 3/1 odds. You definitely shouldn't even consider 30/100 odds for Murray to win.

Either way, should be a very competitive final and an entertaining one. Murray needs to shake off all of his finals losses so his 2-6 record is obviously better than a ton of other players but Murray is trying to write his name in the record books in probably the most competitive era in men's tennis ever that has featured the likes of Nadal, Djokovic and Federer that have really won almost everything in the past 15 years.
User avatar
Senior Member
Posts: 3848
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: Murry vs Roanic Wimbledon Final

Postby thePOGG » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:11 pm

After watching the Murray match yesterday I'd have to disagree - to my mind the odds on Raonic aren't high enough to make him a good bet. Murray is playing out of his mind good tennis and everything favours Murray right now:

- Home turf with huge crowd support
- Murray's best surface
- He played phenomenally well against Berdych
- He came through the semis in 3 where Raonic had to play 5
- He's won both this title and the Olympic Gold on this court previously
- He beat Raonic on grass at the final of Queens only a few weeks ago

The deck's very strongly stacked in Murray's favour. Raonic isn't a walk over by any stretch, but I'll be pretty stunned if Murray struggles today.

Return to “Sports Betting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest