As with many adult activities gambling can be a hugely enjoyable pastime, but as such it also carries inherent risks of addiction and financial hardship. The information, content and advertisements on this site are intended for entertainment purposes only. If you, or anyone you know, feels that they have an issue with compulsive gambling you should seek professional help as soon as possible.
Gambling should always be fun and as such following these simple guidelines may help:
- Gambling should always be perceived as entertainment and not as a means to make money
- Only gamble with money that you can comfortably afford to lose
- Keep your sessions short
If you are concerned about your gambling habits you should contact GamCare who specialise in Gambling addiction. If you are unsure as to whether your gaming is representative of a problem, complete this survey.
- Have you ever lost time from work or education due to gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your life unhappy?
- Has gambling affected your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Have you ever gambled to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- Has gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Have you often gambled until your last dollar was gone?
- Have you ever borrowed to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Were you reluctant to use “gambling money” for normal expenditures?
- Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry, trouble, boredom or loneliness?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
This is a survey used by Gamblers Anonymous with anyone who feels they may have a gambling problem. A compulsive gambler will generally answer yes to seven or more of the questions.
If you have any other questions or require futher assistance, please feel free to contact site admin at email@example.com and we will do our best to put you in contact with the best people to help you.