UKGC Accredited Alternative Dispute Resolution Service
As of the 14th of January 2016 ThePOGG.com has been confirmed by the UKGC as and Accredited Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) service (click here for verification).
This makes ThePOGG.com the first affiliate based mediation service to receive Accreditation from the UKGC.
As an affiliate based ADR service, ThePOGG.com can offer operators something unique in that the service is free to both parties rather than the subscription based model that charge operators for their use that is currently widely available.
About the Gambling Commission Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
The UKGC introduced its ADR policy on the 1st of October 2015. At that juncture it became a requirement for all gambling operators holding a UKGC license to provide their players with an ADR service selected from the UKGC’s list of Accredited services. Up until this point all accredited ADR services have charged the operator a fee for managing their disputes. While every service that holds Accreditation has gone through an extensive vetting process with the UKGC prior to receiving Accreditation, this fee based system can lead players to perceive a conflict of interests that does not necessarily exist.
The affiliate based model used by ThePOGG.com ensures that neither the player nor the operator is charged anything for our assistance with complaints. Our income is derived from advertisement meaning that at no point will the outcome of any specific complaint financially impact on the sustainability of this site*.
Benfits to choosing ThePOGG as your ADR
As an operator with a UKGC license you have a variety of options as to which ADR service you choose to work with. Here are some of the benefits of choosing ThePOGG:
- ThePOGG.com has an established and widely trusted reputation amongst the online playing community.
- ThePOGG.com’s ADR official has over a decade of experience in the online gambling industry as both a player and affiliate, holds a qualification from the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, is widely respected as a gaming mathematician and has a wealth of experience in the management of player disputes with over 450 disputes handled over the course of the last 3 years.
- Our service is free to use
- As our service is free to use there are no contracts to sign and as such you are not tied to using our service. If you are happy with our service today you are free to use it and if you change your mind tomorrow all you need to do is remove us from your terms and conditions and inform us. The process can be completed as quickly as that, unlike other ADRs where you will be tied into a contract.
How do we use ThePOGG as our ADR service?
If you are an operator that’s interested in utilising ThePOGG as your ADR service all you need to do is contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. Once we’re aware of your request and have added you to our books, all you need to do is add our contact information in the relevant section of your terms and conditions and that’s you met your UKGC requirements. It’s that simple. If you need help constructing the relevant terms we’re more than happy to provide guidance.
Even if you are currently contracted with another ADR provider you are entitled to provide more than one ADR service to your players, so feel free to get in contact!
Who uses ThePOGG.com as their ADR service?
To see a list of operators that currently use ThePOGG.com as their ADR service click here
* For those who would question this statement on the bases that ruling against a well placed operator could potential damage our revenue flow – this system that ThePOGG uses means that where a operator drops down our ranking, every operator below them steps up. This ensures that current and future referrals simply go to an alternative operator, protecting our revenue stream.
This leaves historical traffic. While it is true that without continued activity many programs do automatically reduce the Revenue Share paid on historical traffic, only programs that carry a Minimum Activity Quota that allows the program to terminate the affiliate account or reduce revenue levels to unsustainable levels could seriously impact the profit generated by historic traffic. As our newest project POGGWebmasters.com has shown no operator that carries a Minimum Activity Quota holds significant placement with this site. As such our service is free to make decisions regarding complaints freely with minimal impact on our financial stability.