Party - Complaint
Declined - This player's principal concern relates to the placement of Responsible Gambling information, something the regulator has to rule on.
Read our Party Casino Review.
Over a two week period I was able to make 10's of withdraws around $8,000 AUD while gambling on the partypoker website playing blackjack.
The issues I have and raised with partypoker include:
1. Their terms and conditions do not state the withdrawal prerequisites and conditions clearly as required by industry guidelines.
2. As such, when I attempted to withdraw moneys from my partypoker account I was surprised to find that a minimum amount of $5,000 USD was required.
3. This lack of awareness combined with my problem gambling that I continued to gamble with no easy/suitable way to withdraw.
4. Also, governing guidelines dictates that sites and poker User Interfaces must conspicuously promote ‘responsible gambling’ links on their lobby page or similar. Partypoker only have a small link hidden on their software client.
5. I’m not sure whether gambling companies should have controls in place to prevent obvious problem gamblers from continuously withdrawing funds from a credit card account, as I was able to withdraw thousands of dollars in a matter of hours.
6.On at least two gambling sessions, the partypoker servers crashed causing funds to be removed from my account.
7. When I contacted partypoker about this, they assured me that the funds were eventually credited to my account however the logs they provide do not provide me with sufficient detail have this assurance.
8. They also quoted their ‘blackjack rules’ website which is separate to their terms and conditions and was not titled ‘rules’ anywhere on that page.
9. When I pointed out this issue they said they have updated the page to be titled ‘rules’ however policy dictates that they are required to notify ALL customers of any changes to any rules – this they never did.
10. Essentially it was their belief that any system errors that caused a loss, was not their responsibility to rectify – just because they have made a ‘rule’ stating this on an obscure webpage. I don’t believe that companies can make internal policies that absolve themselves of any legal obligations.
11. Over a 24 hour period I played over 3,900 hands of blackjack for a less than 35% winning ratio. I don’t believe this is the standard win/loss ratio and I believe their blackjack game is configured with a higher losing ratio than a standard blackjack game.
I believe that partypoker’s lack of compliance with governing guidelines has contributed to my problem gambling and financial hardship. I believe that had I been able to withdraw funds without restrictions that I was not made aware of and if I had been able to view the responsible gaming information, I would not have lost as much money as I did.
I can provide personal transaction details if required, plus the emails I have received from partypoker and the minimal logs they have provided me.
the casino review
Leave a Reply
You must be
to post a comment.