This forum has a zero tolerance policy towards the posting of player or affiliate complaints. Please use our dedicated Player Complaint or Affiliate complaint if you have a complaint you would like reviewed. Users found posting complaints will have their complaints deleted and potentially their forum account suspended.

Affiliates that wish to link to their site need to ensure that they do not work with any of our Blacklisted Affiliate Programs then request approval by contacting admin.

Wimbledon 2016

Discussion of sports betting and Aramon's NFL picks
thePOGG

Wimbledon 2016

Postby thePOGG » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:46 am

Anyone else following the tennis?

I've been watching all week. Even before last night's shocker of Djokovic dropping 2 sets to Sam Querrey before being rained off I've got to be honest and say I'm liking Murray to with this year. He's in the easier half of the draw so should make it through fresh and he's playing the best tennis of his life. There's still plenty of factors that could stop him on the day, but I think he's actually playing better than Djokovic right now.

Is it still going to mean as much though if Djokovic goes out to Querrey today? Does it have to be Murray to put Djokovic out to make the win meaningful?

TP
mister_blackjack

Re: Wimbledon 2016

Postby mister_blackjack » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:51 pm

Djokovic might have been saved by the rain delay.
thePOGG

Postby thePOGG » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:57 am

Nope - I think even 2 sets down everyone really expected Djokovic to come out yesterday and just blaze through the last 3 sets. Turn on his usual magic. It just didn't happen at all. There's clearly something wrong with him. He pretty much said as much in the post match press conference but wouldn't give details. We noticed that he kept touching his shoulder a lot during the conference...

Anyway, that's Djokovic out of Wimbledon and stating clearly that he won't take part in the Davis Cup. The pressure's now on Andy Murray. Where before he was always the underdog, now he has to live up to being the favourite to win Wimbledon and make a decision about whether he can fit defending the Davis Cup into a very busy year now that the quarter finals against Serbia just became a lot more straight forward.

My money would now be on a Murray vs Federer final, though Raonic's still in and playing very well in Federer's half of the draw. That would make for the McEnroe vs Lendl coach match up that would be harking back to days of old.
mister_blackjack

Postby mister_blackjack » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:58 am

something must have been wrong with him to lose
thePOGG

Postby thePOGG » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:30 am

The further this goes one the more interesting it gets.

Federer staging an amazing come back from 2 sets down and Murray limping through in 5 sets after winning the first 2. Both these players would have been my favourites to come through the quarter finals easily (quickly followed by Raonic) so that they had to take it to 5 sets to win certainly places question marks as to their performance.

I'd still go with Murray to win though less confidently than before yesterday's match and I'd now say Raonic is my favourite for 2nd place. I'd be pretty gobsmacked if Berdych made the final, though he is a strong player so anything could happen.

Return to “Sports Betting”