ThePogg logo unclaimed offers
Turn geolocation on
Locale settings

Currently viewing:

English in United Kingdom

ThePOGG.com – your source for reliable information about online gambling.


  • Over 2k complaints managed and $2 million returned to players.
  • The largest collection of detailed casino reviews available online.
  • Bonus value reports to tell you how bonuses really compare.
  • Detailed game guides to help you learn to play.

I certify that I am over 18 years of age and I have read and agreed to the:

We respect your privacy and won't share your email address.
[X] Close this form and return to site

Paddy Power Betfair and Pokerstars to Join Forces

by Glenn Baird - October 2, 2019

It was annoucned today that Paddy Power Betfair and Pokerstars will merge to become the largest online gambling platform in the world. This bold proclamation is based on the combined revenues of each company, which sees this new force within online gambling form in time to take advantage of the emerging US market.

Paddy Power Betfair might be the name we know them by but the company are actually now called Flutter Entertainment and Pokerstars are actually called Nasdaq- and Toronto-listed Stars Group Inc, or TSG for short.

The new deal will see Flutter Entertainment take the majority’s share of 54.64%, with TSG taking the remaining 45.36%.

With the sports betting market growing in the States there is a good chance that we can expect to see further deals like this one as established European bookmakers look to make their mark on what could become the world’s most lucrative sports betting market in the world.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland sits to the north-west of mainland Europe. The United Kingdom shares a border with The Republic of Ireland and has coasts on the Atlantic Ocean, Celtic Sea, North Sea, Irish Sea and English Channel. The population of the UK is approaching the 67.6 million mark leading to a fairly densely populated land mass. The gambling sector in the United Kingdom is entirely regulated and licensed by the UKGC – the United Kingdom Gambling Commission. Should players resident In the UK wish to gamble with foreign based operators there is no history of this being treated as a criminal offence, but high levels of protection exist for UK residents playing with UK licensed operators.

Disclaimer:

The above information is what we believe to be the the legal status of online gambling, however information on this topic is limited and hard to find. We accept no liability for any errors or ommissions. It is the reader’s responsibility to ensure that they know the legality of online gambling in their country before engaging with any online gambling service.