ThePOGG.com – your source for reliable information about online gambling.
Over 2k complaints managed and $2 million returned to players.
The largest collection of detailed casino reviews available online.
Bonus value reports to tell you how bonuses really compare.
Detailed game guides to help you learn to play.
SiGMA: Summit iGaming Malta – “Enjoy Making Money”
by Dirk_Tracy - March 17, 2017
If you are interested in anything related to the world of iGaming, you’d likely be missing out if you don’t attend next year’s SiGMA conference: this iGaming Summit in Malta has grown out from what was literally a simple bedroom project into a buzzing super-show that has doubled in size over the last three years. Malta has thus not only become a Gambling Regulator that has grown immensely – in both respect and represented Casino’s – but is now also the proud host of what is quickly becoming one of the most influential iGaming conferences on a Global level.
2017 marks the spot on the growth note, as this year premieres several new upgrades, so to speak, causing a growing interest from the heavyweights of the industry, across continents. Let’s take a closer look into to some of those upgrades, which I highlighted below:
1. Conferences: Planning is focused on establishing more partnerships, whilst enforcing stricter guidelines for speakers, changing the way content is presented by reducing (at times mind-numbing) discussions and presenting more engaging content overall. Seems apt to quote their marketing department here, to underline the rather jovial atmosphere throughout, which in my opinion is one of the reasons of their growing success:
“Come SiGMA17, expect more fish bowls, speed dating and better interaction between speaker and audience using latest technologies and apps available. Harsh as it may sound; we’re even tempted rating the speakers, live – power to the audience!”
2. 1,000 Free Flights: Also according to their marketing department, they were apparently inspired by the movie 300, when they gave away 300 flights to affiliates last year. That initiative naturally went down very well with both affiliates and operators, and this year they decided to ‘up the ante’ by inviting 500 affiliates – not the same ones as last year, to note – and 500 top C-level Executives – CEO’s, CTO’s, CPO’s, CMO’s – to keep the B2B side equally busy with a fresh supply of potential new customers. Exhibitors are also encouraged to invite their own VIP guests, whose flights will be reimbursed, and several hospitality events are also on the agenda, both in and around the SiGMA playground.
After all, Malta lends itself quite well for hospitality.
3. SiGMA Startup Pitch: Likely one of the most interesting and attractive features to be found here, is the SiGMA Startup Pitch: after great success last year, 40 Startup companies qualifying for a shortlist, are awarded a free booth – including cost of printing and furniture, and a consultancy package, with advice and potential leads provided by established industry veterans. Of those 40, there will be 8 finalists, presented with the chance to pitch their product(s) in a 10 minute session, consisting of a 3 minute presentation, followed by a 7 minute ‘grilling’ session, where willing investors and the audience have the possibility to ask whatever they want about the presentation.
This year differs from last year, in that the finalists will also receive exposure on their magazine, website, and exhibit at the show – at no cost whatsoever. Additionally – the top three startups who wish to use Malta as a base for business development, or even relocation – are provided with an office space for one full year, which comes with full consultancy from a team, consisting of the aforementioned industry veterans.
4. Venue size: It seemed all too obvious last year that there was need for a bigger playground, and so there will be a new venue for the 2017 Summit. All said and done, there are supposed to be a few surprises in that regard, but one thing is sure, there will be plenty of room to keep things comfortable, in terms of traffic and logistics.
5. Recruitment: SiGMA also opened it’s doors for recruitment, paving the way for a career convention, during the last four hours. This year, since more attendees and more sponsors/exhibitors are expected, this will most likely prove even more successful. Although it’s not really an upgrade in itself, I felt it was worth mentioning.
6. Strategic Partnerships: Having strategic partnerships with the Maltese government, the MGA and Gaming Malta, as well as GamCrowd, KPMG eSummit, the BiG Foundation, the Malta Community Chest Fund and others, creates a unique networking environment, which is most suitable for the discussing of business and build long-term working relationships.
7. Vetting of Exhibitors: This is one of the most progressive moves, which we at ThePOGG are not only very impressed with, but also directly involved with. Quoting their spokesperson, as it’s always a bit uncanny to praise oneself: “In an unprecedented move we’ve decided to team up with the most respected arbitrage out there to vet operators. GPWA, ThePOGG, Affiliate Guard Dog, AskGamblers and Casinomeister, will guide us into accepting only legitimate operators who treat their affiliates and players with the utmost respect. ” Which of course speaks volumes about their integrity, and bodes well for the quality of future Summits: working closely with Alternative Dispute Resolution mediators – or ADR’s – is a move that undoubtedly will play a major part in SiGMA’s evolution.
If you are reading this, and interested in participating, in whatever manner, then the next quote of their marketing team seems an apt way to finish the topic, simultaneously leaving their contact details at the bottom, if you happen to need them:
“The above upgrades are a reflection that we’re putting the delegate, be it an affiliate, operator, B2B, startup, investor or other at the heart of every decision.
We want to foster a long term networking environment, predominantly with a stronger show, but also throughout the year with even more networking events. We understand that people network better in a relaxed, fun environment; so we decided to make this our new slogan – simple, succinct and reflective of the true SiGMA spirit –
“Enjoy Making Money”
No words can describe how thankful we are to date and how excited we are moving forward. Exhibitors are lining up faster than previous editions. May we take this opportunity to encourage you to consider taking part and planning early. We’d be more than happy to explain the benefits of being a speaker, a sponsor, an exhibitor, a startup or an investor. Follow their footsteps and enjoy making money with us.
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland sits to the north-west of mainland Europe. The United Kingdom shares a border with The Republic of Ireland and has coasts on the Atlantic Ocean, Celtic Sea, North Sea, Irish Sea and English Channel. The population of the UK is approaching the 67.6 million mark leading to a fairly densely populated land mass. The gambling sector in the United Kingdom is entirely regulated and licensed by the UKGC – the United Kingdom Gambling Commission. Should players resident In the UK wish to gamble with foreign based operators there is no history of this being treated as a criminal offence, but high levels of protection exist for UK residents playing with UK licensed operators.
The above information is what we believe to be the the legal status of online gambling, however information on this topic is limited and hard to find. We accept no liability for any errors or ommissions. It is the reader’s responsibility to ensure that they know the legality of online gambling in their country before engaging with any online gambling service.