West Ham United Joins Sponsors Betway in Supporting Safer Gambling Week
by Glenn Baird - November 24, 2020
West Ham United came out in support of Safer Gambling Week a few days ago to show support for the cause and for their sponsors, Betway.
With only a few days left in the Safer Gambling Week calendar the Hammers are so far the only club from the Premier League to show their support for the campaign, something that comes as a surprise given the impact that gambling can have on both fans and those involved in the sport directly.
The club’s support comes directly through the influence of their main shirt sponsor, Betway.
They highlight the main ambitious that those organising the Safer Gambling Week have:
- To bring attention to the tools that are available to help people gamble safely all year round
- How to gamble in a safe manner
- Where to find sources of more advice and support
They also highlight the key information that has been made available through the campaign:
- Asking questions about gambling behaviour
- Highlighting the key behaviours of safer gambling
- Providing details of where and how to obtain further information and help if needed
- Promoting the Safer Gambling Week website and social media channels: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – all @SGWeek20.
The club then highlight other organisations, such as GamCare and YGAM, providing information about workshops and supports that these organisations have to offer.
Safer Gambling Week
You can find even more information about Safer Gambling Week by visiting the official website.
For anyone looking to make that first step who wants to gain back some control over their gambling addiction BetBlocker is an app that can be installed on mobile devices, PCs and laptops that denies you access to thousands of gambling sites.
BetBlocker is a registered charity in the UK and, as such it is completely free to install on as many devices as you want.
To learn more you can visit the BetBlocker website.