|Min bet size|
|Max bet size|
The Boulder Bucks slots game can be found at online casinos offering WMS Gaming software who are a wholly owned subsidiary of Scientific Gaming. WMS Gaming do not publish their RTP or House Edge figures as standard. However UKGC licensed operators who now publish all game figures as standard. As such we can say that the House Edge of Boulder Bucks is 5.91% when playing less than 2 credit per spin, 3.87% when playing 2 or more credits per spin and is 2.00% when playing the Big Bet feature. As this figure has not been confirmed by the software provider we cannot confirm whether this game is configurable or not. As such this figure should be treated as a guideline only when playing at any operator that does not publish their RTP figures.
What will you bring back to the cave?
Boulder Bucks is a 5 reel game with 10 paylines.
The ‘Wild’ symbol is Wild.
There are three bonus features when playing Boulder Bucks. The first bonus features is triggered when you receive 3 or more of the ‘Boulder Bucks Logo’ bonus symbol anywhere on reels 1, 3 and 5. When this happens you will be awarded either 1, 2 or 3 choices in the next step of the bonus. You are then taken to a new screen showing 3 different complimentary spins options:
- Mammoth Complimentary Spins - 20 complimentary spins. During the complimentary spins Wild symbols only appear on reels 2, 3 and 4 and expand to cover any reel they land on.
- Pterodactyl Complimentary Spins – 10 complimentary spins. During the complimentary spins Wild symbols only appear on reels 2, 3 and 4 and expand to cover all symbols to their left.
- Sabre-Tooth Tiger Complimentary Spins – 6 complimentary spins. During the complimentary spins Wild symbols only appear on reels 2, 3 and 4, expand to cover any reel they land on and are locked in place for the duration of the complimentary spins.
Select one of the complimentary spins features. At the end of the complimentary spins, if you have choices left, you can choose to either retain the win, or lose the win and play one of the other free spin features.
The second bonus feature is triggered when you receive 3 or more of the ‘Eggs’ scatter symbol anywhere on the reels. When this happens you will be asked to select one of the Eggs symbols which will award either 1, 2 or 3 choices for the free spin feature or a multiplier that will be applied to your bet.
The third bonus feature can be activated before any spin by pressing the ‘Big Bet’ button. When this happens you will be taken to a new screen showing 2 different betting options:
- For a bet of 20 credits you will get 5 spins. During these spins if you receive a Boulder Bucks logo symbol on reels 1 and 3 but not on reel 5 the symbols on reel 5 will turn into ‘Pick Me’ symbols. Select one of the Pick Mes and if it reveals an additional Boulder Bucks logo symbol you trigger the complimentary spins feature.
- For a bet of 30 credits you will get 5 spins. During these spins if you receive a Boulder Bucks Logo symbol on two of reels 1, 3, or 5 the reel without the Boulder Bucks Logo symbol will turn into ‘Pick Me’ symbols. Select one of the Pick Mes and if it reveals an additional Boulder Bucks logo symbol you trigger the complimentary spins feature.
Boulder Bucks could be a great game with a House Edge that’s remarkably low. However, compared to the other Big Bet style games put out by WMS Gaming recently this game simply isn’t as good and if you fail to play optimally – and it would be exceptionally difficult to determine what mathematically optimal strategy is – the House Edge rockets to frighteningly high levels (around 20%). Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.