888: Does not accept players from United States
Check our list of casinos that do accept players from United States.
888 Casino REVIEW
Players from United States cannot play at 888 casino.
Review last updated - January 2022
888 are one of the best-known online gambling brands in the world, having household recognition both in and outside those familiar with the gambling industry. They were one of the pioneers of remote gaming, they now employ over 1300 people and have an annual revenue measured in hundreds of millions. They hold multiple licenses including Gibraltar by Gibraltar Gambling Commission, the MGA in Malta, the UKGC in the United Kingdom alongside licenses in both Ireland and the United States. The website is based upon a colour theme of green and black and the logo is the brand name in green numbers.
The 888 group of casinos has a policy of not discussing player complaints, with both this and other affiliate based player complaint services.
Ordinarily we would not work with a group that will not discuss complaints. However, 888's position on complaints is standard amongst the industry giants (few will consider cooperating on complaint management) and 888 have been a significant financial contributor to our sister charity BetBlocker. It is our considered opinion that the support that 888 has given to BetBlocker - a project that supports thousands of gambling addicts every day - does far more good than their refusal to discuss the handful of complaints we receive about them each year (on average less than 2/year for the decade we have been in operation) does harm.
The above being the case we're we're happy to acknowledge that 888 policy decisions are a net positive for players, though we would stress to players that if you get in trouble while playing with this group it is highly unlikely we will be able to assist you.
For references see 888 Group Player Issues
Payout Speed: 3 days
888 use proprietary software (their own software) that goes under the name Dragonfish (formerly Random Logic). All 888 associated casinos use this software. To find out more check out our Dragonfish Information Page.
Game selections are as follows;
Table Games – 135
Video Poker – 10
Live – 25
Jackpot – 125
Our reviewer reports positive experiences with 888 customer services.
Email Testing Record
- January 2022 - 8 hours 10 minutes
- July 2017 - 3 days 23 hours 4 minutes
- December 2016 - Need to register to get support
- June 2015 - No response
- November 2014 - No email support
- June 2014 - No email available
- December 2013 - 2 days 22 hours 5 minutes
- June 2013 - 2 hours 40 minutes
- January 2013
- 1st email - No Response*
- 2nd email - 1 day 18 hours 48 minutes
* 888 did in fact respond to the first email, but at 4 and a half days this response is too slow to qualify for testing purposes.
888 hold the following gambling licenses :
- United Kingdom Gambling Commission - The UKGC are widely considered to be the most reputable regulators involved in the online gambling market. They do not manage complaints for players directly, instead requiring their operators to appoint a UKGC accredited Alternative Dispute Resolution service. As such the value of this license for players depends largely on the professionalism of the ADR service utilised. 888 currently use eCOGRA. You can find further information regarding this regulator's complaint policies here.
- Gibraltar Gaming Commission - The GGC is one of the more reputable online gaming regulators, but we are aware of a serious software issue where they failed to uphold their own technical standards. You can find further information regarding this regulator's complaint policies here.
Players from United States NOT accepted.
888 does not accept players from the following countries: Afghanistan, Asia, Antigua and Barbuda, Austria, Bouvet Island, Cuba, Denmark, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Gibraltar, Guadeloupe, Guam, Heard Island and Mcdonald Islands, Holy See (Vatican City State), Hong Kong, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Martinique, Palestinia, Puerto Rico, Reunion, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Syrian Arab Republic, Turkey, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Virgin Islands, U.S..
888 provide the RTPs for all of their slots games.
The 888 casino comp point program offer 1 comp point for every £10 wagered and converts 100 comp points to £1. This is the same as the standard Playtech comp point program and a bit better than industry average.
While we would love to see the extended 888 group step forward and address the complaints that we see coming through, the complaint volumes are comparatively small given the sheer scale of this group and the commitment they've shown to supporting vulnerable players via BetBlocker is nothing short of exemplary. Player's choosing to play with 888 should be aware that it is very unlikely we will be able to assist them if they experience difficulties, but given the low chances of this happening this is a high quality operation overall.
Associated By Company
888 - closed account
888 - I'm having a problem situation
888 - Lost my 3500 in a bet that i never made intentionally
Best Casinos: United States